And every time I tried:
Cutting out greasy food
Oatmeal for breakfast
Only having healthy, whole ingredients
I saw the scale hardly move week after week, so I thought about what my Mom said and went straight back to foods I loved.
I was going to be overweight for the rest of my life!
The cold Minnesota winters made it easier to ignore my weight, but the warmer summers made me want to change.
I consulted several doctors and found out I had high blood pressure and cholesterol. But these were from being over weight, not causing the excessive pounds to pile on.
All the tests felt like a waste of money when one doctor told me “that’s what happens when you get older”.
No matter how many more excuses I heard, I never stopped feeling miserable and depressed.
In Minnesota I looked after our home while my husband was busy working.
We didn’t have much of a social life except he had a lot of work events to attend.
It all changed in Florida and his new found free time and zest for life!
He knew a lot of old work colleagues that had retired in the area too. Everyday he met up with them, enjoying the beaches, but for me it was too mortifying to even think of wearing a bikini.
I couldn't even relax around our little private pool, what would my husband think when he got home?
How he’d compare what his wife was like to all the other women around Florida that were half my size.
I was feeling hopeless and I finally confided in an old friend from back home.
After hearing me cry my heart out, she told me about a 'Simple Daily Routine'.
It dealt with something in the body called AMPK. I’d never heard of it and to be honest I didn’t care what it was, I wanted to know what it did!
Could it fixed all my problems?
This isn't the retirement I dreamt of...
Surrounded by golden beaches that I can't enjoy.
Sat at home alone each day, struck with jealousy because I refused to join him and his friends.
Up to then all I knew was failed diets, useless doctors advice, feeling depressed and hopeless.
But then it was like a switch had been flicked. My weight began to melt away once I started implementing this daily routine.
I even dared to see a doctor again and found out it had reduced my blood pressure and cholesterol down!
I wasted so much of my life believing the wrong things. Until finding out weight gain has nothing to do with:
- How much high intensity exercise or cardio you do...
- How many fad diets you go on, cutting out your favorite foods…
- Missing out on your favorite snacks…
- Not eating after a certain time…
- Or even genetics or aging (thanks doctor for that lie!)
I know my Mom didn’t realize the lasting effect of what she said to me, but the doctors have no excuse! They want you to feel you’re broken, that it’s your fault!
But I can now finally say, it’s not!
This ‘Simple Daily Routine’ changed everything for me.
- My cravings suddenly disappeared
- I slept all the way through the night - it’s been years since I remember doing this
- Stopped obsessing over what the scales said - Feeling my clothes get looser within days was magical
- Started eating all my favorite foods with no guilt
- Proved my Mom wrong and saw my “baby bump” shrink into a once again flat tummy
- Totally new wardrobe - except a couple of things I’d kept from my 20’s that I can actually fit in again!!!
- And of course lots of bikinis :)
You have to do something every day to stay healthy.
The choice is:
- Waste hours a day worrying about what food you should be eating and how much you should exercise.
- Do this routine for a few seconds once a day.